Followers

Saturday, March 19, 2016

Inspiration Post


Hello everyone..Genny here. I'm so excited to have become part of this fantastic team, I don't think that I've stopped smiling yet..lol. This is my first inspiration post..so forgive me if I get it wrong or waffle on too much. I decided to work with wonderful image which is available from the Etsy shop here at SLS Lines. When I begin a project there is always a thought process..and it may begin with the image or sometimes it is with a quote that I have found. On this project it seemed as if both came together. I was looking at this image and thinking just how wistful she looked. There seemed to me that there was a sadness behind her eyes. And then I saw this quote. So it was as if it was meant to be. Another thought that struck me was that normally when I am colouring anything to do with the Day of the Dead I tend to use bright colours but somehow on this image I wanted to use pastel colours. So I did. The frame is from my stash and I covered it with this blue patterned paper, also from my stash. I coloured the lady with my promarkers, cut her out and added it to the frame. I finally added the quote.
I hope that you will enter the current challenge...I think a new one begins tomorrow..so keep your eye on the blog. I have seen some of the fantastic makes by the design team and wow..what a source of inspiration in itself.
Well I'm off for a coffee and a scroll through the etsy store. So until next time..take care and happy crafting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment