Followers

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Inspiration Post


Hello everyone...Genny here with my inspiration post. As I said last month, my projects tend to begin with a thought. And this month was no different. As many of you know, I am a bit of a crazy cat lady and I just adore all the cat images available here at SLS. As I was looking through the images wondering what to pick, I came across this little chap..Grumpy Cat. It made me giggle because I was looking at one of my cats who is actually called Twinkle and is the most bad tempered cat you could wish to meet..so in that moment the inspiration appeared

For this project, I began by creating the background. I had a piece of grey board which I coloured with my acrylics and then dabbed over the top using my starlight paint. I coloured the cat with my promarkers and then cut him out and added him to the background. I finally added the sentiment. I also added some glossy accents to his eyes.

This whole project has made me laugh because how many times I've seen cats that just don't suit there names. And I can imagine that this featured cat would just hate being called Twinkle..lol

I hope that you will pop over to the etsy shop and take a look at all the wonderful images that are available...and perhaps you will have an inspirational thought of your own...and who knows where it will take you. So until next time...take care and happy crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment